- Eastern Europe and in Paris want it increased substantially,
- countries like Germany and Britain, want it the budget frozen.
Patriotic games at the EU summit by British Prime Minister David Cameron with the referendum debate and the EU membership.
Four things about the budget you should probably know about:
- The EU is a black hole
- The EU budget is shrinking
- The EU got it wrong about the debt crisis
- The EU project is showing more cracks in the surface than Mars or the moon.
- Francois Hollande's fury as David Cameron closes in on budget victory (dailymail.co.uk)
- Europe's costly double parliament: a movable beast (cnsnews.com)
- PM Sets Out His Stall At EU Budget Summit (news.sky.com)
- EU leaders battle over budget at tough summit (sfgate.com)
- EU Investment Spending Seen Sacrificed in Clash Over Bloc Budget - Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- EU set for crucial budget summit (bbc.co.uk)
- Le Sulk! Hollande fury as Cameron closes in on budget victory in Brussels - Daily Mail (dailymail.co.uk)
- David Cameron to demand €7bn cuts in Brussels bureaucracy at EU summit (independent.co.uk)