Adam Lovejoy writes from London: The list of the late Jimmy Savile’s victims is growing by the day, totalling at the last count something like three hundred, with Scotland Yard calling him the most prolific sex offender of the past fifty odd years or so.
And the BBC that had been caught out shielding pedophilia on its own premises is doing all it can to convince everyone that Jimmy was a one man operation that had mysteriously passed unnoticed for decades.
One of the most cunning comments came from that old buffoon, John Simpson, who said that the Savile affair is the biggest scandal in his fifty years at the BBC. John, who considers himself something of a genius, obviously missed a much bigger scandal that has been running since the 1960s and is called left-wing bias of the publicly funded Corporation.
Another strange point the BBC apologists are making is that the Corporation’s critics have always been small in numbers and that the vast majority of people consider it to be a ‘great British institution’. Just like Jimmy was for about 50 odd years. The comrades have a lot to lose if the BBC goes down. In fact, they would never again have the same easy ride as they have had under Tony Blair, when the BBC acted as Labour’s in-house propaganda machine. And that scares the living daylights out of Labour that would do anything to protect its faithful ally. A post made earlier today over on Stirring Trouble Internationally – A humorous take on news and current affairs.
- BBC heads ‘are on the block over Jimmy Savile’ (standard.co.uk)
- Jimmy Savile crisis: BBC chairman ‘expects resignations’ (guardian.co.uk)
- we are looking at is a conspiracy to cover-up paedophile and other crimes (21stcenturywire.com)
- Miliband calls for independent Savile inquiry (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Ed Miliband backs BBC chief over Jimmy Savile scandal (telegraph.co.uk)
- BBC probe ‘two more Saviles’ (thesun.co.uk)