See on Scoop.it - News From Stirring Trouble Internationally
See on www.stirringtroubleinternationally.com
President Hollande refuses to say sorry. The future is more important than the past in his view.Mehmet Ali writes from Algiers: President François Hollande, France, French rule massacres of Algerians, Frenchmen died in the war in Algeria so it makes it impossible for a French President.
The French economy, the United States money into the Algerian economy and The Muslim Brotherhood policies in the Middle East and North Africa.
- French President Francois Hollande acknowledges country's 'unjust and brutal' occupation of Algeria but does not apologise (thisismoney.co.uk)
- News Analysis: French president's visit to Algeria ushers in new era for bilateral ties (nzweek.com)
- France's Hollande refuses apology for "brutal" Algerian colonisation (worldbulletin.net)
- France says Algeria colonisation "brutal" (worldbulletin.net)
- IHT Rendezvous: Being French Means Never Having to Say... (rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com)
- France continues to be Eurabia aggrevator: François Hollande promises strategic partnership with Algeria (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- Hollande in Algeria: More Safe than Sorry (africasacountry.com)
- Hollande admits Algerian colonisation 'brutal' (abc.net.au)
Jim Bob's insight:
As the 50th anniversay of the Algerian Independence of France approaches Stirring Trouble Internationally reflects on France's soft spot for Algeria. Find out why so many Algerians live in France and get a refresher on this interesting topic.