Sara Li writes from Pyongyang: Strange things are going on in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or North Korea, as it is more commonly called.
|Educated in Switzerland|
Kim Jong Un, the Dear Leader made a television appearance on New Year’s and made a recorded announcement in the TV studio. Young Kim, educated in Switzerland addressed the nation with his words of peace.
|Mikhail Gorbachev at 81 releases his new book.|
Is he ready to do a Mikhail Gorbachev, by any chance, and introduce glasnost and perestroika? Doubtful, very doubtful. So what can it be then?
|Korea vs Japan Baseball semi-final (Photo credit: El Freddy)|
Young Kim send greetings ‘to compatriots in South Korea and the recent launch of a rocket carrying a satellite in North Korea has made leaders more confident.
|A Political Map of North Korea (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Chinese agriculture, collective farms and North Korea’s agriculture is a ‘household responsibility system’ that needs to be sorted out and this is something Young Kim will address this year.
|Kids hungry eating food.|
An edited quote from chose by Sara Lee ‘New Year 2013 is a year of great creations and changes in which a radical turnaround will be achieved in the building of a thriving socialist country on the road of the onward march in the new century’ Joseph Stalin.
Source: Stirring Trouble Internationally
- You: North Korea's Kim: Revamp economy (edition.cnn.com)
- North Korea urges detente with conditions (sfgate.com)
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un calls for stronger economy in New Year address (telegraph.co.uk)
- Kim Jong Un calls to end strife between Koreas (latimes.com)
- Signs of Change in Kim Jong-un's New Year's Speech (english.chosun.com)
- Kim calls for better ties with South Korea (guardian.co.uk)